Tuesday 21 September 2010

100 REP circuit

Great session today. I kept it simple and did the following:

Warm up and mobility. 20 minutes.

24KG kettlebell.
Swings: 20 reps
Snatch, left hand: 10 reps
Snatch, right hand: 10 reps
Cleans, left hand: 10 reps
Cleans, right hand: 10 reps
Jerks, left hand: 10 reps
Jerks, right hand: 10 reps
Swings: 20 reps.

Rest for two minutes then hit it again.
I did this for 4 sets and it was tough.
It's a simple workout but an intense one. Progression can be had by upping the weight or reducing the time rested. I would prefer to keep the reps as they are as I feel it's a good target to shoot for. The time taken is right on the money too at between 4 and 5 minutes a set.

With the rests taken into an account, this equates to a half hour session. I didn't take heart rate this time but will do so the next time I repeat this workout.
My goal is to work up to the 32kg bell initially for one set and eventually progressing to 4 sets.
I feel as though this is a workout I will be coming back to quite a bit although I may occasionally substitute the jerks for a squat and press for the purpose of bringing the lower body more into play.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on, It's challenging but fun. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home