Tuesday 11 January 2011

Todays session 11/01/11

As tough a session as I've ever had today on the kettlebells. Probably tougher than I anticipated.
I wanted to make use of my new 28kg Wolverson bell since up to this point I only had a pretty nasty rubber coated one which was very unplesent to use.
I have a 32 which I use on occasion but mainly for exercises in isolation and not as a sequence of exercises like the session I did today.
I started with the mobility drill as per IKFF CKT course to ready myself. Strapped on the HR monitor, started the clock and then did the following, all with a 28kg except the pistols which were with a 12kg bell

Swings 20reps
Snatch left 10 reps
Snatch right 10 reps
Clean left 10 reps
Clean right 10 reps
Pistol left 10 reps
Pistol right 10 reps
Swings 20 reps

So 100 reps per set in total.
Each set took 6 minutes and I rested 3 minutes between sets.
Peak HR was always reached after the second set of snatches. Very tough not to rest after the left hand set but I cracked on and only allowed myself a 30 second breather after the cleans in preparation for the pistols.
These kind of interrupted the flow a little bit and were very tough. I usually Inhale and hold my breath until I start to rise out of the bottom position when performing these but that's not easy at 170+ HR!!

Set 1:
Time: 6 minutes
Average HR: 152
Peak HR: 162
Calories: 84

Set 2:
Time: 6 minutes
Average HR: 165
Peak HR: 175
Calories: 102

Set 3:
Time: 6 minutes
Average HR: 169
Peak HR: 178
Calories: 107

Set 4:
Time: 5.45 minutes
Average HR: 172
Peak HR: 181
Calories: 112

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home