Friday 14 January 2011

Todays session 14/01/11

Hi folks, today's session was very short but intense. I wanted to really give some time over to a good amount of stretching today as I am still suffering a bit of stiffness from yesterdays gym workout.
I didn't write a blog on this but needless to say it consisted of Dumbbell chest press, flat and incline. Wide grip pull ups, bent over rows, dumbbell pull overs and Bicep cable curls.
As much as I still enjoy the occasional gym workout, it doesn't get me buzzing anymore, certainly not like it used to anyway. Repping out 10 reps on rows, waiting for 1 to 2 minutes and repeat all seems a bit boring nowadays.
Contrast it to this:

Today's session: 12 sets of 30 reps of the following done in a non stop sequence with a single 20 kg bell.

Swings.
High pulls: 15 per side
Snatches: 15 per side
Cleans: 15 per side
Lunges: 15 per side
Squats.
Box jumps.
Alternate swings.
Clean, squat and press: 15 per side.
Mountain climbers.
Swings.

This took me 17 minutes to perform. I attempted to record HR stats but half way through it all went a bit wayward and I seem to lose the reading!

I will shortly be trying a max 5 minute snatch test for the challenge I have entered on www.konkura.com
My aim is rep out 120 reps here so I'll be snatching at the reasonably fast cadance of 24 reps per minute.
Quite a tough sequence especially the Clean, squat and press!

25 minutes of stretching afterwards giving particular attention to hip flexors, hamstrings and my Achilles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home